Monday, September 30, 2013

CHIEFS!!!!!

Okay, I can't resist; I simply must write about my beloved Kansas City Chiefs.

A few people have asked why I don't try to make a profit off my blog....Well, this particular piece that you are about to read would be the reason why.

My biggest fear about blogging for profit is that I will find myself pigeon holed in a certain genre of writing.  Quite simply, if I feel like I'm being forced to write within a certain set of boundaries then writing will become a job.  That.....would suck.

Up to this point, my blog has been about being a stay at home dad and some of the challenges that I have encountered along the way.

But life is about a whole lot more than being a stay at home dad.  Contrary to popular belief, I do occasionally leave the comforts of my home to pursue other interests.  In the future, it is likely you will see other parts of my life make it's way onto this blog site  ----- you have been warned.

All right, enough of that mess......Let's talk CHIEFS!!!!!    :)

Marty Schottenheimer was head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs from 1989 to 1998.....Those were the happiest days of my Chiefs life.

Just to hear the phrase "Martyball" gets me foaming at the mouth.  I just love smash mouth football, ramming the ol' pigskin down an opposing defense's throat and then hitting 'em deep with the play action pass.

And, oh, those awesome defenses; combined with the home crowd "12th man". The sea of red at  Arrowhead on Sunday's were so loud you couldn't hardly talk to the guy in seat next to you.  I can still hear the chant  of 76,000 strong after every touchdown.

"We're gonna beat the hell out of you....you......you, you, you!!!!!!!"

All was right with the world in Chiefs nation........Until.......

To west there was this man......Big.....Ugly....and, unfortunately, extremely talented and in our division.

He wore this horribly ugly orange uniform, and the mere mention of his name would cause an uncontrollable slobbering, cussing, mental breakdown.

He was the horse face.......John F@%#ing Elway.

Denver was the place where good Chiefs teams went to die, as Elway would just shred us to pieces.

Oddly, Elway only beat Kansas City once in the playoffs.....But that once was a doozie.  Kansas City, with a 13-3 record, had home field throughout the playoffs.  And, being the Chiefs, they did what they always did in the playoffs under Marty Schottenheimer....They choked.

Kansas City went to the playoffs seven of the ten years Marty coached them.....and only managed three playoff wins.

What hurt the most about the loss to the horse face led orange donkeys from Colorado was that it would turn out to be the season that John F@%#ing Elway would win his first of two consecutive super bowls.



Former NFL head coach George Allen summed up losing the best:

"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside ... not all of your organsmaybe just your liver.".



That is what John F@$#ing Elway did to the Chiefs nation.......The day he retired should have been declared a national holiday in Kansas City......Thank God, we never have to see that jerk again.

Since Marty's departure, Kansas City football has not been the same.  The Chiefs have not won a playoff game since 1993 when Joe Montana was the quarterback. ("Who's that?' Toby asks) And aside from Dick Vermeil and his high flying offense, there really hasn't been much to cheer about over the last fifteen or so years.

But this year is different.  The Chiefs are 4-0 for the first time in since 1987, and the new head coach, Andy Reid, has rekindled the long dormant embers deep within my red and gold soul.

Yes, the fire within burns hot again......But.....  Part of me worries that I may be seeing history repeat itself.

Marty's teams were built around a strong D and a ball control offense with a mid level QB who was simply asked to manage the game and not make mistakes.

So far....That is what I'm seeing out of Andy Reid's team.

Marty had the San Francisco connection at QB.......He had former cast-offs Joe Montana, Steve DeBerg, Elvis Grbac, and Steve "mouth breather" Bono.

Andy Reid has Alex Smith. (I actually liked the trade for Smith.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

And....in the west.  The ugly orange donkeys of Colorado are led by yet another Hall of Fame QB...Mr. Horse Face has been replaced by.......The Forehead.  Mr. Peyton Manning.

Aw, C'mon now.  Tell me you can't paint a mural on that freaking cranium of his.

Yes, I know....It's not nice to speak of another person's features.  But I'm sure the Forehead doesn't mind....He has a super bowl ring and I'm just some schmuck typing a bunch on crap on a blog.

Actually, I really like Peyton....I really, really, really, wanted him to come to KC when he was a free agent but, in the end, he definitely made the right decision for him........But why did it have to be in the land of the great orange ass?

I can see it happening all over again....Great Chiefs teams getting ripped to shreds by Peyton and his juggernaut offense......According to George Allen, I've already lost my liver.....Are my kidney's next?

But, then again, how much longer will Peyton play?  Hopefully not long........



One orange nightmare is enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment